Thursday, October 22, 2009

Regrowth Pod

I have been thinking about how the outcome will be transported to the site, and what sort of site works will be required. In my investigations I came across this project which uses the "pod" theme to communicate the idea. Although looking nothing like a pod, the solution is deemed as such as it can be transported and placed on the site. Like picking a pod off a tree and placing it somewhere, I guess.
I do not consider concrete, mass, and 100 tonne cranes to be viable options ofr this project. Moreover, apparently will we have an overly abundant supply of 'manpower' to realise the project. I think it would be a little disappointing to the East timorese if their new centre slid off the back of a truck like a turn-key solution.

Further, I really want the East Timorese to engage with the project by building the majority of it. They could embellish it with memories, tokens, experiences... anything that will give them a sense of place

No comments:

Post a Comment